Gibraltar Company Formation
Gibraltar Company Formation | Company Incorporation Gibraltar
Gibraltar is located at the extreme southwest of Europe, bordering the Strait of Gibraltar. A small land mass of only 6.5 square kms, Gibraltar has a border with Spain of 1.2 kms. The population of Gibraltar is approximately 30,000, with ethnic groups of Spanish, Italian, English, Maltese and Portuguese origin. Persons from Gibraltar are known as Gibraltarians. The official language is English while Spanish, Italian and Portuguese are also spoken.
The procedure and requirements to incorporate an International Business Company in Gibraltar Company Formation are set out below:
- Three proposed company names.
- A brief description of the planned activities.
- Name, address, nationality, passport number and occupation of the Director(s), Shareholder(s) and Secretary.
- The number of shares to be issued to each Shareholder
|Total cost of incorporation
Gibraltar Company Formation Features
The governing legislation for Companies in Gibraltar is the Companies Ordinance.
Incorporation takes 5 - 8 days
- Only one director required - can be corporate
- Only one shareholder - can be corporate
- Shareholder(s) and director(s) may be the same
- No requirement for local shareholder(s) and director(s) for Gibraltar Companies
- Requirement for a resident secretary (this is included in our price)
- The Gibraltar incorporation documents carry the name and identity of the shareholder(s) or director(s). As such names appear on the public record.
- Shareholder(s) and director(s) nominee services are allowed to ensure confidentiality of beneficiaries.
- Shares may be issued in any legal currency or in more than one legal currency
- There is no limit or maximum capitalization. The capital duty is 0.5% of the authorized capital
- The standard share capital is GBP 2000 or an equivalent in another recognizable currency
- The minimum paid in and issued capital may be one share
- Bearer shares are permitted
- Non-resident companies are not liable for tax on income derived outside Gibraltar
- An Annual Tax of GBP 200 is payaple by all no resident Companie
- All Gibraltar Companies must file accounts
- The Company's Director(s) and Shareholder(s) Register details are held on the public record
- Non-resident companies must have a registered office in Gibraltar where the statutory book of the company must be kept
- There is a requirement for meetings of shareholder(s) and/or director(s)
- If meetings of shareholder(s) and/or director(s) are desirable these meetings can be held by telephone or any other electronic means of communication providing that all participants can clearly hear each other.
- Meetings if thought necessary can be held anywhere in the world.
A Gibraltar Non-Resident Company can carry out any legal business and/or investment activity worldwide, they may not offer bank, insurance or trust services without prior authorization from the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission.
Generally a Gibraltar Non-Resident Company cannot do business with Gibraltar residents or corporations.
- First year government filing fees
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Letter of appointment of first director
- Nominee shareholder details (if required)
- Declaration of Trust from the nominee shareholder (if a nominee shareholder is required).
- Minutes of the first meeting of the founders
- Share Certificates
- Register of Shareholders
- Register of Directors
- Registered agent services, (first year)
- Registered office, (first year)
- International express delivery by FedEx or DHL
The name must not be similar to one which already appears on the Registrar. There is an extensive list of restricted names.